Thursday 25 June 2015

To my most favorite Stranger.

As I sat down at my desk penning down my thoughts into words straight into the freshly purchased pile of letters, a voice stunned me. A voice of a stranger. The Autoplay option on YouTube played its trick. After a series of musical brilliance by my favorites, it was the turn of the stranger. A familiar song, a musical brilliance by a maestro now sung by a completely unknown person, atleast to me.

Word after word accompanied by the little piano sound as though royalty playing with marbles, stunned me.
I began to write about it in the letter drifting off from the topic of discussion. Now that it made me write, don't you realize how beautiful it must have been? A sweet distraction. As I write, I'm listening to the same for the umpteenth time and it amazes me how each time I discover something anew.

The voice of a stranger.
The voice left me with a heart-warming smile. A strange tint of peace crept into me. A beautiful calmness. The only other brilliant sound being the periodic notes of the piano. As if creating an atmosphere for me to cherish the calmness. How can a voice you've never heard of before, seem so familiar? Amazing contradictions was what I was left with.

The voice. The voice. The voice.
The singing wasn't perfect. It was not something you could sit down at a desk and shoot criticism towards. Rather, it had mispronounced words. It had a few incorrect phrases here and there. The breath caught itself time and again as the voice was lost in the music. The sound of the breath  was as though it were to say, look, look how alive I am.The voice wasn't in a hurry. It went on, conquering the heart with each moment. It went on as quiescently as it could. At the end of each sentence, one could listen to the quiver in the voice.  It was magic. Magic in its truest sense. I smiled interminably. I am, still. I turned into a little kid. Those days when you recite the poems with actions? Likewise, I ended up with a plethora of expressions on my face pertaining to each sentence of the song that the voice owned.

The best gift that one can be presented with, is a voice. Any kind of voice. The temperamental, the huskier, the sweet one, the sour-throat one, the one that struggles through the lump in the throat due to sadness, the one out of breath due to stomach-aching happiness. And this voice, it left me calm. It shut me up and asked me to do nothing but listen to it, without murmuring the song or singing along. It asked me to listen to it in the most beautiful way.

I have a way with strangers with absolutely no idea why or how. I guess it's better to stick with the mystery and embrace the surreal beauty of it. The voice had somehow found its way to me, arriving completely unannounced yet bringing a truck load of happiness. I needed to thank that voice. Gratitude boss, gratitude.
And thus, I found this person and thanked them for the favor.

I personally love it when a stranger loves my works and makes it a point to convey the same to me. It makes my day. Friends and family will always support you and encourage you. But to be loved by a stranger for your work, art or music  is what gives you an insight into what you are truly upto.

To the person to whom the spectacularly splendid voice belongs to, you're my most favorite stranger.
Happy Singing! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment