Friday 10 July 2015

Towards unknown lands. Part-1

It was the first time I was moving out of the country and I was quite adamant from a very long time, I would do it alone. Not that I wouldn't enjoy the company of someone I knew, rather to experience a place, I had never been to, knew nothing about or had no stories from the locals, to the maximum. My good friend always says that, Everything happens at the right time. I've come to realize that. If I had the opportunity to travel overseas or half way through the earth right from a very young age, I probably wouldn't remember even a thing or two by the time I grew up. But right now, I do. I definitely am capable to cherish every bit of the travel.

The bag-pack was ready, the travel itinerary checked, the good-bye(s) said and a pounding heart about the uncertainty that lay there on. It does take a great deal of time, patience and persuasion to be allowed to travel alone bearing in mind the safety, the risks involved, so on and so forth that no parent would want to ignore. Finally, the time was right. I took off on my first ever journey overseas, ALONE.

It is said that if one would want to witness Love, they could drive to the airport and get a glimpse of how love stays eternal among family, friends and whom-so-ever. How the tears would flow down interminably. Amidst this bliss, I struggle to carry the luggage and finally get to a restaurant to have the last meal in my city until I return back. Italian was the restaurant and alone was I. Business meetings, family vacation, visiting family was why the rest of the people were traveling. Yes, I over-heard them say so. I was alone after all, what else can one do, if not to  observe the fellow homo sapiens and carry loads of stories in the heart and mind. What happened next is what happens every time someone boards a flight.

The flight took off. An hour later people dozed off to sleep, probably tired from a long day at work, or probably dreaming about the happiness when they would see their family or probably feeling dizzy because of the height or probably something-that-could-be. And there I was, gazing at the window pane. Blame it on my love for the sky. To be able get closer to the sky, was beyond any earthly- happiness.




The moonlight caressed the airplane wing, giving it an attractive shine like that of a diamond pearl from the Queen's necklace.The clouds below sailed in glory, fierce yet calming the soul. They danced forming little shapes and synonyms of objects. Meanwhile, the rains turned jealous by how I fell in love with the clouds. The little droplets sprinkled themselves on the window pane, shimmering and glittering like a January window. It appeared to be the stars. It appeared to be some sort of magic potion diffusing happiness. It was quite a travel but I refused to sleep. An hour later, the clouds were taken over by the view of the ships in the harbor, the lights along the coast line shimmering yet again at me as though they knew that I had never seen something more beautiful.




A series of breath-taking views adorned my eyes and before I could realize, I had reached my destination. A plethora of humans from all around the world, some looking for the ones they knew to receive them, some trembling with the uncertainty of how the new place would turn out to be, and a few others, like myself, feeling wise and cynical as all hell to be where I intended to. The city was overwhelmingly beautiful, like a work of art, a proof of architectural marvels in each building I lay my eyes on. The people ready to shoot a smile at you as and when possible. The clouds drifting away for me to witness the clear blue sky. Such a warm welcome, isn't it?

Well, WELCOME to you, for this is your virtual journey to the city I would love to visit yet again.
It is impossible for me to conclude the entire journey in just one post, considering the galaxy of memories and experiences I was endowed with. Look for the posts in  parts.
A very happy (virtual)journey.


© Deekshita Srinivas. 10th July 2015.


4 comments:

  1. Wow! It really felt like I was traveling with you.
    I would name this a Beautifully Explained Journey :)

    ReplyDelete