Friday 3 November 2017

A Poem, For a Poet!

Initiating as a marvel
a countless words
Of romanticizing pain & disgust!
A plethora of smiles
To hide beneath
Of a Poet I know
In acquaintances, emotions, moments.

I have something for you,
is how I am greeted frequently.
Each time a new,
story unwrapping effortlessly
smile vanishing vulnerably
Of a Poet I know
In poems, conversations, uncertainty.

To turn moments to art,
to lock it up in words
to leave it there
was the plan of  literature
Rather, it rekindles, yet & yet.
Of a Poet I know
In love, need, warmth.

It's effortless to love,
to sprinkle it like magic
to be applauded for the poetry & prose
silently trudging the baggage that stays
tickling the not so quiet days
Of a Poet I know
In memory, remorse, reciprocation.

This, a poem,
a gratitude, for a poet,
for a poet I know, converse, adore,
Of all the pain you're turning to art,
Of all the - there is something more hidden in the poem
that I am told about.
To, YOU.


© Deekshita Srinivas

19:27 pm

Bangalore

( moments away from sending the poem, to the poet!) 



No comments:

Post a Comment