Friday 15 August 2014

The infinite spectrum of possibilities.

Hello there!
Long time no write. I won't say I was busy, for I know it's always easy to make time for something you love doing. I would rather say, I was in a voyage of observation, exploring and exploding. Enough of me. Writing time it is!

The travel by public transport always leaves me awestruck. Every incident of travel teaches me something. I have already mentioned about studying my co-passengers' thinking and state of mind by their expressions and giving an exercise to my mind till I reach my destination. After all, we all belong to the same species, some level of understanding and fraternizing does make life, or rather, travel, worth living and travelling respectively.

It was a queer sunny day. I was once again with a pack of homo sapiens on their way to various destinations with various purposes and innumerable number of thoughts possessed by each one of them. A few looking out for their stop, a few smiling at their mobile screens and a few others in deep thinking. Bangalore is famous for a lot of things. And one of them, invariably is, traffic. Traffic, traffic and loads of traffic.




Dozens of vehicles venting out pollutants selflessly and people waiting restlessly, some even with narrowed down eye brows, frowning and cursing whom so ever they  could think would be responsible for the traffic. The traffic moves slowly, and every other person driving tries to ooze into the tiny gaps no matter how impractical it seems. Try, try but do not cry, right?

A young man with a customized design for his car tries as well. He tries so hard that he fails to notice the bus next to him and almost misses a crash. A screech. A screech that disturbs all the homo sapiens in the bus and the young man as well. Now, what do the wild and delinquent reflexes of the young man do? Any guesses? Out shoots a bunch of offensive words ever known to human kind. Too much unity you see. Profanity had to be exercised thoroughly in every language possible.

Bad guy, right? But the bad guy gets all the attention in the world. All the homo sapiens focus the lime light on him making various remarks as if he were a brass monkey. But also making sure nobody outside could hear it. Gossip is much more interesting than action right? Too much of sarcasm or what? But I promise, character assassination had begun. I too, had been giving bad stare for almost 300 seconds now.

The traffic moved again. The young man's car was overtook and the bus moved forward. Just when most of us had decided to radiate off to other topics to ponder about, the young man's car came along. The traffic had stopped moving yet again. The young man's window pane slides down. Another conflict, most had guessed. But, as the saying goes, expect the unexpected, the young man apologized in word and gesture. In a matter of merely 5 minutes, there was a complete metamorphosis in the personality of the man.

I was happy. The world out there is beautiful. What one feels for a particular moment is valid only till that moment passes and till self realization creeps in. The anger had sublimed. The apology orifices. Most ignored the second half of the personality, just like it is more often done. First impressions, they say. Judging too soon, I would say.

I smiled at the young man and the smile was reciprocated. The unpleasant moment had cleared. So did the traffic. And we went on..


1 comment: