Friday 27 June 2014

Drifting to the unknown to discover the little known.

Before we judge others or claim any absolute truth, let's consider that..
We can see less than 1% of the electromagnetic spectrum and hear less than 1% of the acoustic spectrum. As you are read this, we are traveling at 220 kilometers per second across the galaxy. 90% of the cells in our body carry their own microbial DNA and are not "you". The atoms in your body are 99.999999999% empty space and none of them are the ones we were born with, but they all originated in the belly of a star. Human beings have 46 chromosomes, 2 less than the common potato. The existence of the rainbow depends on the conical photo-receptors, in our eyes; to animals without cones, the rainbow does not exist. So we don't just look at a rainbow, we create it. This is pretty amazing, especially considering that all the beautiful colors we see represent less than 1% of the electromagnetic spectrum. 


And meanwhile we're busy cribbing about how awful our lives are or how things don't go the way we want it to be. No matter how wealthy / healthy / satisfied (the probability of which is paper thin) one considers himself to be, let me tell you, he/she is just so WRONG. Until and unless one doesn't pack the bags to travel to distant lands, one'll never know the abundance life has to offer or how grateful one must be for all that he is offered with till date. And.. it was my turn for some soul searching. 



I have always been intrigued by the monsoons and find it ideal for traveling. Off I was to a random place which upon reaching was a beauty left unadulterated and blissful in contrary to most of the tourist attractions today. There I was, in a land I knew nothing about.



A little sparrow was the first to welcome me to that beautiful land. She was graceful and showing off the shades on her feathers which seemed to gleam with the evening sunset. She gazed at me mysteriously as if those flickering eyes were to say, 'This land belongs to me, for my habitat is still safe and people still value my dear friend, Mr.Tree". I smiled at her assuringly that I was a visitor to look upon her, her land and learn all that I could. She seemed unconvinced and decided to take off and spend her precious time exploring the clear blue sky. 


Next was my encounter with the ever-busy, Miss River. She was tall and an epitome of perfection. If she had turned back and smiled, she would resemble the moon. She seemed to continuously mutter something on her way down the track. She was restless and too preoccupied to even notice me, leaving me feel almost invisible. I had to break her activity. She looked towards me at once and gave a look so agitated as if I was a grubby virus that had entered a healthy body. I wonder if the Sparrow had dropped in a word or two about me to the River. Yet again, I smiled reassuringly and she gave a quick grin and rendered back to her own chore.


And then, after all the dejection that I had received, I came across a little girl. Her eyes were a sparkling blue like a distant star on a late winter's moon. She smiled at me. A smile of acceptance. And all of a sudden, the sparrow and the river and handful of other pretty lovers emerged and smiled. As though it were a  birthday surprise, just for me. We spoke and giggled and danced and smiled. The day was a sweet nothing.. A nothing to be treasured.


And thus began, my journey towards everything that was, is and will ever be.
Bon voyage, my heart said. And though the voyage wasn't going to be often, whenever I did travel, it felt like the best day ever. Each day felt like the best day. And, it only got better and better.



No comments:

Post a Comment