Thursday 22 June 2017

The week of finding home miles away. #5 of the US of A & I

The flight back home.
To where? Home. Boston.
The day Boston felt like Home.

 The Atlantic is so enticing. The several different strokes of blue. The cloud play; above and below. The barren brown land turning into that of snow covered path, as the flight progresses; as we come closer to home.






For someone who loves the sky so dearly, isn't flying a gift in itself? We flew in par with the half moon. What a moment of absolute exuberance. Could it get any better? Well, it sure did.


The ever so charming pilot does a perky plan.
"Welcome to Jamaica, ladies & gentlemen."
With a brief few seconds of confusion & the surge of laughter that followed, he added happiness to our day. That wasn't all.
"Thank you for flying with the love airlines. Love, love, love.
(singing amicably) Love, something, something, love."


Very much impressed, we applaud.
Indeed, these pilots are nothing short of super-humans, in grace, charm and sense of humour.












I was so glad to be home, to my people. The change of emotions on their face the moment they see me after almost a very long week, is priceless. So incredibly beautiful as to how few weeks ago, they were only strangers, and now? My people. People I come home to. A long walk with my favorite human from Germany. A conversation that helped both of us in volumes. Perspectives on how the same problems, uncertainties, happiness-es exist across time zones. Caramel Machiatto and Ice cream with toppings at J.P.Licks to welcome both of us back home. The walk that cleared up so much for me. And, it seemed like, this evening, Boston was glad to have me back as well.



The coffee craving hit a real high. However, coffee before bedtime worked very well in exhibiting its caffeine characteristics, couldn't sleep until 2 am. The moon plays peek-a-boo. My companion for the night. The Boston Moon. And I. Our fears, thoughts, beauty, sleeplessness, restlessness, our greatest of stories, the Moon and I. Meanwhile, I fall asleep, to wake up to the day light break in. How the light of the moon disappears, rather fades out, when it knows it isn't special or absolutely necessary anymore. Just like me. Sometimes, I wonder how terrible we are, the Moon and I.

The Boston subtle winds are beautiful & soothing. Like a lullaby to my sometimes aching soul.
These subtle winds that tricked me to get out of the house without the layers of the clothing. And, I walked as though I were taking a walk at Cubbon Park in Bangalore. Yet another short yet amazing conversation with a stranger. The walk back, with several conversations in my head (yes, I have conversations with myself.), dreams, aspirations and all that. I'm slightly falling in love with the Boston sky; something which is a dull; heavily studied with rain or clouds or colors. In its own beautiful ways.


Lamont! Oh dear Lamont! How beautiful are you? If only you were a person instead of a library, or maybe not. Amidst me trying real hard to work on my research, several books from the shelves gaze at me. Succumbed to writing postcards for my lovers back home, the Bangalore home. Explored a little bit of Harvard Square with my beloved who calls me a Narcissist. The sudden surprises from the street arts. The beautifully decorated shops with lights, colors, warmth and love.


Spoke to the Happy man near the T(rain) station. Asked him if he could paint something for me that would remind me of this place, of his happiness. Told him how he lights up the entire square with his music on the otherwise grim street. He was overwhelmed. The next day-
Him: Hello dear!
Me: Heyyyyy
Him: Yes? Tell me.
Me: You forgot something.
Him: My bad. I'm so sorry I forgot about it. I'm going to do it right now. Sky, Colors. This place. Right?
Me: Yes sir! Absolutely.

Walked back home, curious about what he would create for me. How relaxing it is to walk alone at night. " I want to be able to sleep under the open sky, travel west and walk freely at night." was my wishlist a while ago, and now, it was all that I was doing.

And, viola! Look what my Happy Man created for me.



One of my lovers is leaving today. We all dress up at our very best to seal all the memories with pictures. Hundred million pictures, as my exaggeration goes.

The fifth seven days, noons, evenings and nights were, in all its glory, wrapped into these words-

To express in smiles, conversations and colors; the greatest gift! 

© Deekshita 
   (happy with the monsoon showers, reduced mind conflicts & celebrated gratitude.)

 04:54 pm, Bangalore.
07:24 am, Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment