Wednesday 29 July 2015

Towards unknown lands. Part-4

Love lane. That is where we paused. :)
Now that the Cafe exploring was done and messages read, it was time to meet the locals. 

A lazy yet curious stroll along the streets led me to what seemed like a Community/Club. I entered reluctantly bearing very well in mind that I hardly knew the local language barring a few basic words and sentences. 
The room was adorned with ancient paintings and write-ups in what I assumed to be, Chinese. 

A group of young at heart (which means a group of elderly humans) were seated comfortably, puffing off their cigar in style and trying their hand at what appeared to be a game of Scramble. As I entered, they looked at me as though I were an oasis amidst the dry desert. I smiled and said, 'Hello' and smiled again and again until I got back a smile. On noticing a camera in my hand, one of the coolest human said, 'Photo? Come, come.' dusting his cigar in the ashtray that seemed to be some sort of beautiful artwork. 

I just smirked at how predictable I was in this unknown land of unknown people. The rest of them seemed to be too occupied with their game and that led me to watch them having a good time. One women seemed to win and she said something with a strong voice that I assumed to be some sort of victory roar. Meanwhile they shower some pity on me and pose for a picture and keep it as candid as possible. 


My wonderful gamers posing for a self-suggested candid picture.

Whatever seemed to be Scramble. 

Food, check.
Exploring, check.
Locals, check.

As I began to develop the feeling of contentment, I noticed something close to my heart and wondered how could I feel content when I hadn't witnessed it in a while. Was I losing track of the things I loved for the love of new things? Bad, bad, bad. 

But look. :) 

The sight of post box that completed my day. 
























Thereafter, it was time to witness some archaic marvels along the way back. The buildings with huge windows seemed to win me over. Rows of ancient buildings, left as it is, un-misted by the latest technological advancements in construction materials  that hold absolutely no importance to these beautiful vintage buildings. 


The country I visited shall be revealed in the next post. 
The reason being simple- I would be stating about the signature destination(s) of the country and you would recognize it at one shot. However, exploring little known places far from the bustling crowds and hotels exclusively for tourists; staying with the locals, munching on some local delicacies is what travel is to me and I have covered most of it so far. :) 


 ©Deekshita Srinivas. 29th July 2015.




No comments:

Post a Comment